Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, February 12, 2010

The beautiful rugs of C.F.A. Voysey

 
 
 
   
 
  
 
  
 
  
 
  I was looking at these beautiful reproductions of the rugs of Charles Voysey (1857–1941) recently.  Voysey was an English architect and designer who was influenced by William Morris and the Arts and Craft movement.  The rugs, which retail for about $4000 for an 8'x10', are sold here among other places.

For those with less money to spend, here are some artsy-crafty rugs from Home Decorators Collection.  I have Orange Blossom in my kitchen and love how cheerful it is (this rug was also sold by Garnet Hill last year at a higher price).  I wish I had a spot for Marigold.
 
 
McIntosh


  
Summer Day


  
Orange Blossom


  
Marigold


 
Poppies

Here's an earlier rug post you might like:  Some Magic Carpets