Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Etsy, a love-hate relationship


Etsy is the on-line equivalent of a crafts fair where, like such fairs, you can find beautiful hand-made items amongst an even greater amount of stuff one might consider junk.  Of course, one person's trash is another's treasure (as indeed you may conclude below).  I love the fact that (with PayPal) there is an easy mechanism for a crafter to sell their creations to the world.  I hate the fact that the Etsy site is so massive that it is almost impossible to find anything by browsing (unless you have a lot of time on your hands).  Most of the stuff I've bought on Esty I've found via links from other web sites.  So, in that spirit, here are a few of my recent purchases.....





math clock (the perfect gift for all the geeks in your life)


now sold here


cool tee of Scutigera coleoptrata that live in my basement


 
now, cooler hoodie available from same vendor


I never bought these wall decals but would if I still had toddlers